MIRROR METHOD OF DOG TRAINING
The Mirror Method of dog training was developed in Hungary and has yet to become very prominent in other parts of the world. This is almost certainly going to change as the more trainers are exposed to the method.
Instead of going against the dog’s natural instincts the mirror method uses those instinct and teaches the dog to use them in useful ways. You will notice in the video below that much of the activities that the dogs are doing involve fetching type behaviors. In addition to using the dog’s instincts the mirror method also capitalizes on the bind between the dog and the trainer, working on the premise that the dog’s emotions and behaviors will mirror those of its master.
THE MIRROR METHOD OF DOG TRAINING CONSISTS OF THREE PARTS
1.To build up required relationship and ranking order in everyday life
2.Teaching with clicker using only positive reinforcement dog training and no force
3.To ensure the required lifestyle to our dog, specially giving opportunity for him to work down his extinct-energies
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE MIRROR METHOD OF DOG TRAINING
- positive reinforcement / clicker training
- including the dog in all aspects of the owner’s life, not just daily walks
- take every opportunity to train your dog, whether it’s inside or outside the house
- socialization of dogs with other dogs
- allowing dogs to run free in the forest or swim in the lake – in other words, encouraging the freedom to just be dogs
- respecting a dog’s natural instincts to hunt, defend, guard or retrieve by incorporating those instincts in play and training
This is a great and fun way for you and your family to actively train your dog or puppy, it does take time and patience but long lasting and enjoyable results are virtually guaranteed.